Site Map Icon
RSS Feed icon
January 21, 2021
Blog Updates

Elections
>>View All


PREVENTING CARBON MONOXIDE POISONING

• Service all heating systems and all gas-, oil- or coal-burning appliances by a technician annually.

• Install a battery-operated and electric-powered carbon monoxide detector in your home and check or replace the battery when you change the time on your clocks each spring and fall. If the detector sounds, leave your home immediately and call 911.

• Contact a doctor if you believe you have carbon monoxide poisoning.

• Do not use gas-powered devices such as a generator, grill or stove inside your home, basement or near a near a window or door. Generators should be operated more than 15 feet from the home.

• Do not run any gas-powered motor inside a closed structure, such as a garage.

• Do not heat a home with a gas oven.


Affiliates

IAFF Local Newswire
Join the Newswire!
Updated: Jan. 21 (21:10)
New Officers
Colorado Springs Professional Firefighters
01.21.21
Emeritus Award for L2687 Member
Hamden Professional Firefighters
01.20.21
It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of retired Captain Michael Horn.
Canton Professional Firefighters Association
01.20.21
Congratulations, President Winkhart!
Canton Professional Firefighters Association
01.20.21
Missouri Phase 1B Vaccine Activation
Missouri State Council of Fire Fighters
01.20.21
February Meeting Canceled
IAFF Local 42
01.19.21
     
Election Endorsements


     
IAFF Local 1164
Copyright © 2021, All Rights Reserved.
Powered By UnionActive™

254203 hits since Mar 25, 2010
Visit Unions-America.com!
Top of Page image