Site Map Icon
RSS Feed icon
March 30, 2020
Blog Updates

Elections
>>View All


PREVENTING CARBON MONOXIDE POISONING

• Service all heating systems and all gas-, oil- or coal-burning appliances by a technician annually.

• Install a battery-operated and electric-powered carbon monoxide detector in your home and check or replace the battery when you change the time on your clocks each spring and fall. If the detector sounds, leave your home immediately and call 911.

• Contact a doctor if you believe you have carbon monoxide poisoning.

• Do not use gas-powered devices such as a generator, grill or stove inside your home, basement or near a near a window or door. Generators should be operated more than 15 feet from the home.

• Do not run any gas-powered motor inside a closed structure, such as a garage.

• Do not heat a home with a gas oven.


Affiliates

IAFF Local Newswire
Join the Newswire!
Updated: Mar. 30 (17:10)
A Message From General President Schaitberger
Suncoast Firefighters
03.30.20
Local 42's Office CLOSED
IAFF Local 42
03.30.20
April Meetings Cancelled
IAFF Local 42
03.30.20
Monday Morning Headlines 3/30/20
Denver Firefighters Local 858
03.30.20
Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act
IAFF Local 902
03.29.20
Helping Your Family Cope with COVID-19
IAFF Local 2180
03.29.20
     

Page Last Updated: Dec 08, 2018 (05:58:41)

     
IAFF Local 1164
Copyright © 2020, All Rights Reserved.
Powered By UnionActive™

253419 hits since Mar 25, 2010
Visit Unions-America.com!
Top of Page image