Site Map Icon
RSS Feed icon
March 02, 2021
Blog Updates

Elections
>>View All


PREVENTING CARBON MONOXIDE POISONING

• Service all heating systems and all gas-, oil- or coal-burning appliances by a technician annually.

• Install a battery-operated and electric-powered carbon monoxide detector in your home and check or replace the battery when you change the time on your clocks each spring and fall. If the detector sounds, leave your home immediately and call 911.

• Contact a doctor if you believe you have carbon monoxide poisoning.

• Do not use gas-powered devices such as a generator, grill or stove inside your home, basement or near a near a window or door. Generators should be operated more than 15 feet from the home.

• Do not run any gas-powered motor inside a closed structure, such as a garage.

• Do not heat a home with a gas oven.


Affiliates

IAFF Local Newswire
Join the Newswire!
Updated: Mar. 01 (21:10)
2021 Scholarship Applications Posted
New London Fire Fighters
03.01.21
Women's History Month | March 2021
IAFF Local 21
03.01.21
IAFFMediaAwardWinner
Suncoast Firefighters
03.01.21
Honor Watch for Lieutenant Richard Pula
Denver Firefighters Local 858
03.01.21
Brother Rich Pula
Denver Firefighters Local 858
03.01.21
Monday Morning Headlines
Denver Firefighters Local 858
02.28.21
     
Gary Kreski Memorial 2015
Updated On: Jun 25, 2017

     
IAFF Local 1164
Copyright © 2021, All Rights Reserved.
Powered By UnionActive™

254294 hits since Mar 25, 2010
Visit Unions-America.com!
Top of Page image