Site Map Icon
RSS Feed icon
June 02, 2020
Blog Updates

Elections
>>View All


PREVENTING CARBON MONOXIDE POISONING

• Service all heating systems and all gas-, oil- or coal-burning appliances by a technician annually.

• Install a battery-operated and electric-powered carbon monoxide detector in your home and check or replace the battery when you change the time on your clocks each spring and fall. If the detector sounds, leave your home immediately and call 911.

• Contact a doctor if you believe you have carbon monoxide poisoning.

• Do not use gas-powered devices such as a generator, grill or stove inside your home, basement or near a near a window or door. Generators should be operated more than 15 feet from the home.

• Do not run any gas-powered motor inside a closed structure, such as a garage.

• Do not heat a home with a gas oven.


Affiliates

IAFF Local Newswire
Join the Newswire!
Updated: Jun. 02 (19:10)
Denver Good Deeds
Denver Firefighters Local 858
06.02.20
Silent March For George Floyd
IAFF Local 21
06.02.20
Thunder Ridge Way Structure Fire
South Metro Firefighters IAFF LOCAL 2086
06.01.20
Central Pennsy
Pennsylvania Professional Fire Fighters Association
06.01.20
IAFF Center of Excellence
Southern Federation of Professional Fire Fighters
06.01.20
Monday Morning Headlines 6/1/2020
Denver Firefighters Local 858
06.01.20
     
Livonia's 12 percent coronavirus fatality rate, explained
Updated On: Apr 11, 2020

     
IAFF Local 1164
Copyright © 2020, All Rights Reserved.
Powered By UnionActive™

253593 hits since Mar 25, 2010
Visit Unions-America.com!
Top of Page image