Site Map Icon
RSS Feed icon
August 15, 2020
Blog Updates

Elections
>>View All


PREVENTING CARBON MONOXIDE POISONING

• Service all heating systems and all gas-, oil- or coal-burning appliances by a technician annually.

• Install a battery-operated and electric-powered carbon monoxide detector in your home and check or replace the battery when you change the time on your clocks each spring and fall. If the detector sounds, leave your home immediately and call 911.

• Contact a doctor if you believe you have carbon monoxide poisoning.

• Do not use gas-powered devices such as a generator, grill or stove inside your home, basement or near a near a window or door. Generators should be operated more than 15 feet from the home.

• Do not run any gas-powered motor inside a closed structure, such as a garage.

• Do not heat a home with a gas oven.


Affiliates

IAFF Local Newswire
Join the Newswire!
Updated: Aug. 15 (13:10)
Local 21 Regrets To Announce The Passing Of Retired FEO Floyd Jones
IAFF Local 21
08.14.20
Friday Update 8-14-20
IAFF Local 1014
08.14.20
First Responders Safety Telethon
IAFF Local 42
08.14.20
Cherry Creek State Park Brush Fire
South Metro Firefighters IAFF LOCAL 2086
08.13.20
Deertrail Drive Structure Fire
South Metro Firefighters IAFF LOCAL 2086
08.13.20
Castle Pines Wildland Interface Fire
South Metro Firefighters IAFF LOCAL 2086
08.13.20
     
Maureen Miller Brosnan for Livonia Mayor
Posted On: Sep 22, 2019

     
IAFF Local 1164
Copyright © 2020, All Rights Reserved.
Powered By UnionActive™

253848 hits since Mar 25, 2010
Visit Unions-America.com!
Top of Page image