Site Map Icon
RSS Feed icon
November 19, 2019
Blog Updates

Elections
>>View All


PREVENTING CARBON MONOXIDE POISONING

• Service all heating systems and all gas-, oil- or coal-burning appliances by a technician annually.

• Install a battery-operated and electric-powered carbon monoxide detector in your home and check or replace the battery when you change the time on your clocks each spring and fall. If the detector sounds, leave your home immediately and call 911.

• Contact a doctor if you believe you have carbon monoxide poisoning.

• Do not use gas-powered devices such as a generator, grill or stove inside your home, basement or near a near a window or door. Generators should be operated more than 15 feet from the home.

• Do not run any gas-powered motor inside a closed structure, such as a garage.

• Do not heat a home with a gas oven.


Affiliates

IAFF Local Newswire
Join the Newswire!
Updated: Nov. 19 (07:10)
E-Board and Trustee Nominations
Amarillo Professional Firefighters
11.19.19
Probationary Firefighter to Senior Engineer Task Book
IAFF local 2091
11.18.19
Tender 14 Closure
IAFF Local 1264
11.18.19
Driver pulled over before car went up in flames in Springfield
IAFF Local 648
11.18.19
Two drivers taken to hospital following car crash on Cooley Street in Springfield
IAFF Local 648
11.18.19
Crews battle two-alarm fire on Dickinson St. in Springfield
IAFF Local 648
11.18.19
     
Primary sets up showdown for Livonia's first female mayor
Posted On: Nov 01, 2019

     
IAFF Local 1164
Copyright © 2019, All Rights Reserved.
Powered By UnionActive™

253194 hits since Mar 25, 2010
Visit Unions-America.com!
Top of Page image